Opinionated Solutions to Life's Problems

Lots of opinions, Lots of options, Lots of hidden answers to Life's convulated questions.

Name:
Location: California, United States

LIKES: India, Music, Math, Dance, Advertising, Statistics, Optimism, Dreams, Strong opinions, Rains, Bike rides, Caribbean Sea, Jamaica, Waterfalls, Swimming, Stray dogs, Full moon, Tagore, F.R.I.E.N.D.S., Junglee sandwich, Phone talks, Jasmine flowers, Short work meetings, Fridays & Saturdays, Chocolate ice-cream at mid-night. HATES: Sweet tongued liars & Bitter tongued liars

Thursday, February 01, 2007

Weird me? Find out for yourself

Sakshi tagged me and on a magnificent day like today when spring has made a cute cameo appearence in the movie called winter, nothing feels better than talking about yourself. Narcissism ki jai ho!! So here goes:

Three things that scare me:
1. Pessimism
2. Unrealistic expectations
3. Natural calamities

Three people who make me laugh:
1. My brother
2. Chandler Bing on F.R.I.E.N.D.S.
3. My weird + highly lovable friend S

Three things I love:
1. Music
2. Dance
3. Fragrant flowers

Three things I hate:
1. Lying/Liars
2. Peeling garlic pods (really it is ewwwww)
3. Waking up early

Three things I don’t understand:
1. People who kill in the name of religion
2. People who expect the world from you only to give you nothing in return
3. Why we don't have a half working day on Friday

Three things on my desk:
1. My bottle of water
2. A Kathak CD that someone gifted me last weekend
3. My laptop

Three things I’m doing right now:
1. Thinking about my grandpa and grandma
2. Looking for a decent pic of me to upload to the work directory--am drawing a blank and it's been an hour that I've been searching. Ufff yaar, how difficult it is to find a pic that has the right amount of attitute and a professional smile (yes, there is something like that).
3. Listening to Asha singing Tum se mein juda nahi from Hum Dono and thinking how someone could sound so innocent and mature at the same time. Also wondering how great a music director Jaidev was and why he didn't give music in too many movies. Here's a hard kick on the ass of all those directors who didn't give him a chance. Also making a mental note to listen to one of my fav song from Gharaonda next, that has music by Jaidev also.

Three things I want to do before I die:
1. Experience unconditional love from someone other than my parents and brother.
2. Spend an entire night talking to someone about everything under the sun.
3. Fly a plane and/or Fly something that get's invented that goes much faster than a plane and is lighter than a plane.

Three things I can do:
1. Dance hysterically/suggestively - depending on the company I have at that point in time ;)
2. Laugh at myself
3. Be truthful--- almost always

Three things you should listen to:
1. The sound of water-- flowing gently in a creek or roaring wildly in the ocean -- IMO its the most relaxing sound in the whole world second only to my parents soothing voice over the phone!
2. My constant blabber-- if you are someone who knows and talks to me
3. Zakir Hussain's tabla-- why? suno to jaano :)

Three things you should never listen to:
1. Music from musicians who don't tune their instruments before performing.
2. Adnan Sami-- at any point in time he sounds constipated and it is awful to listen to a constipated fat man.
3. People who tell you to stop trying coz you don't have it in you. They lie. If you want it badly, you always have it in you--not only to succeed but also to excel.

Three things I’d like to learn:
1. Belly Dancing and Trapeze
2. Ice-Skating
3. A couple of exotic foreign languages

Three favourite foods:
1. Chocolate cake made by mom
2. Death by chocolate - chocolate cake at my fav restaurant
3. Cadbury's fruit and nut chocolate from back home

Three beverages I drink regularly:
1. Lassi
2. Lemon juice
3. Chocolate milk

Three TV shows/Books I watched/read as a kid:
1. Mahabharat and Mowgli on Doordarshan
2. Spiderman comics
3. Enid Blyton- Famous five and Secret seven books

Three people I would like to tag:
Art Navy, Strider, Sudipta

Music: Do Deewane Shaher Mein from Gharaonda
Mood: Happy

27 Comments:

Blogger Sudipta Chatterjee said...

Faarsst!

Thanks for tagging me... I'll take it up soon.

About your post: that really told a whole lot about you! May you be always surrounded in life with music, dance and fragrant flowers, and talk all night long to someone who loves you unconditionally amidst the sound of flowing water! :)

Nice post!

7:10 PM  
Blogger Strider said...

//on a magnificent day like today when spring has made a cute cameo appearence in the movie called winter
wah ustad wah!

//Mahabharat and Mowgli on Doordarshan
Are mai bhi dekhta tha!!
sunday mornings were so good back then! :-)
ek episode me jab mowgli us ladki se saath chala jaata hai jungle chod ke , bahut bura laga tha!
life was so simple back then...

thnks for taggin me.... wil take it up jhatse!

10:33 PM  
Blogger Itchingtowrite said...

belly dancer hmm. and i used to love mahabharata too

12:56 AM  
Blogger By Deepa and Supriya said...

I have the garlic pod thing too :)
things you want to do before you die- i think 1 and 2 are inter related and easy, so..
belly dancing :) did you see sherawat in guru?

9:05 AM  
Blogger Life Lover said...

sudipta---> thanks so much for such nice words :) have a great weekend and look forward to your tag.

strider---> shukriya janaab! haan mowgli was so much fun and the human aspects of it were sooo touching, as a child it made me shed a tear or two sometimes :) look fwd to your tag, hope you have fun doin it.

ichingtowrite---> yes, i didn't understand much of the chaste hindi that lord krishna spoke back then but i loved the war scenes with the arrows meeting in mid air and all that funky stuff :)

orchid---> yep i watched the belly dancing number in guru, frankly it was just okay IMO. i have watched much better belly dancers near where i live and they are sensual more than sexual, know what i mean? :)

hi hi bhai sahab---> i hate firefox, it creates bugs in my tools and if you can give me the name of the person who invented this sada hua offshoot of king mozilla i will shoot him :D

11:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was good to read all these things about you. I know some of them like your craze for chocolate but some of them are new like you want to learn belly dancing. But I know you love dance so I think it is good. Will call you soon to talk. Its been many days.

11:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! I enjoyed reading this. Do you remember the adnan sami concert we went to on your birthday, I know you were waiting for it to get over so that all of us could go and have dinner and celebrate. I read your sentence about adnan and was laughing...chal talk to you soon, email likh na--rads

10:56 PM  
Blogger Sakshi said...

Oh thanks for doing the tag :)
really came to know a lot about you.
I like Jaidev too.. actually reading that made me go and play my collection :)
And I dont know how I forgot to add Mowgli to my watched TV list :)

8:04 AM  
Blogger Banvri said...

mast post ..n i truely enjoyed :)
n i hate Liars :|

11:40 AM  
Blogger Life Lover said...

aditi---> hey good to get a comment from you after a long time, howz life? yes will talk, its been many days, u r rite :)

rads---> hiiii, and u had told me tu kabhi comment nahi karegi!! glad that you are becoming technically savvy ;) he he just kidding! haaaaaaan i remember that torturous concert all too well, and also remember the respite i felt after we were out and enjoying at pizza hut..aur haan email jhat se likhti hoon

sakshi---> you are most welcome :) i enjoyed doing this tag too, who doesn't like talkin abt themselves! rd, jaidev, and op nayyar are some of my fav composers--especially in the early 60's timeframe songs.

chitrangada---> thanks :) good to see u here after a long time. hope all is well

10:56 PM  
Blogger Life Lover said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:59 PM  
Blogger Life Lover said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:00 PM  
Blogger Isha said...

lol .. i wonder about those mystery people that take the time to "compose" these amazing questionaire

6:10 PM  
Blogger Sudipta Chatterjee said...

Tagged you! :)

7:02 PM  
Blogger Di said...

"Looking for a decent pic of me to upload to the work directory-" i really know wat u mean...its such a pain!
Do u realise that ur 3 fav foods was actually just one.. wat else..CHOCOLATE! :D and mowgli wala serial was called Jungle Book dear...:) wasnt that girl Radha the cutest!!(she came in towards the end of the serial)

5:49 AM  
Blogger Daddy's Girl said...

This was a lovely read. Hope you don't mind me borrowing the tag.

7:10 AM  
Blogger Life Lover said...

isha---> someone with lots and lots of time on their hands...but i don't mind, its fun once in a while, haina? :)

sudipta---> yep, its a cool one, will do it soon

di---> chocolate it is!!! but its chocolate in different forms, for different moods, yummmm :) and yes, I remember radha and yes she was very cute

daddy's girl---> thanks :) and yes, most definitely carry forward the tag and feel free to pass it on too!

9:46 AM  
Blogger Inder said...

chandler bing rocks :P

2:44 AM  
Blogger Rosh said...

Nice post dear!
And since I don't have any new updates for my blog, I am going to usurp your tag ;-)
Hope you don't mind.
(If at all you do.. listen to Baba Sehgal's "Thanda thanda pani" ;-)
That will help divert your anger towards your music system, and I will be spared :D)

Cheers,
TLT

3:45 AM  
Blogger bhuvan said...

heyy cool.. dont we all love gud music.. but garlic pods? i dunno.. my mom used to do tat and she says it helps prevent cancer(???!!!!).. i wonder who told her.. heh...

and u r searchin for a pic with 'professional' smile and an attitude? hope ur search is fruitful.. but i wonder if theres even anythin like tat kind of a combo.. seems like u hav to use photoshop to achieve tat.. :)

6:06 AM  
Blogger Life Lover said...

inder---> yeah, he's the best!

lonely traveller---> arre arre, chill maro yaar, yeh tag kya meine copyright kiya hua hai ki only i can do it?!! lol, go ahead, do the tag, pass in on to as many friends as you like and mast raho :)

bhuvanesh---> your mom may be right, even i've heard that garlic prevents heart disease. actually i hate peeling garlic pods BUT i absolutely loveeee anything garlicky, kinda weird but thats the way it is :p about the pic, i finally found one, and you are right, i had to use photoshop to cut off all the other people out of that pic :) didn't find any solo one thattttt good :)

2:11 PM  
Blogger Rai said...

"Adnan Sami-- at any point in time he sounds constipated and it is awful to listen to a constipated fat man."

Haa ... haa .. Do you really think so?

4:29 AM  
Blogger bhuvan said...

u love eatin garlicky things, but hate the peeling?? ya tats weird.. i thought too..

just as i thought, photoshop is a damn gud thing.. though i m wonderin wat u were thinkin, standing in a group such tat ur face seemed to convey tat combo u were searching.. hmmm...

9:00 AM  
Blogger Pallavi said...

hey three things that you want to do before you die are so so so deep and sincere. I guess somewhere deep down we all want but just somewhere somehow forget about it.

11:53 AM  
Blogger Life Lover said...

rai---> ya, i know there are people who like him but i really cannot stand him, dont mean to offend anyone here, just my thoughts :) btw waiting for a new post from you!!

bhuvanesh---> did you get full marks in school for logical reasoning? lol, you ask the most logical questions but sometimes i don't have answers for them, like this time :) i really dont know what in that pic prompted me to put in on the directory, but i just liked it a lot, ohhh is that called self praise :p

pallavi---> welcome here, thanks for visiting. yes, deep down is that not we all want? happiness and contentment, the feeling of being loved immensely without anyone judging or expecting anything out of us? you are right about the fact that we forget these things along the way, but i guess they are the essence of life itself. i'll check out your blog soon :)

3:25 PM  
Blogger Persona non gratis said...

Do you know there is a zakir hussain concert in stanford this week end? You might want to check that out.

10:04 PM  
Blogger Life Lover said...

shreemoyee---> ya he is playing at stanford i believe at the pan asian music fest? thanks for the reminder, i should get the tickets soon

10:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home